The amazing new Dune HD Connect sets a new standard in compact size, low cost and network connectivity. Featuring Full HD 1080p support and built-in Wi-Fi, the Dune HD Connect was specifically designed for Operators. To enable fast and simple service integration, Dune HD offers a robust set of API’s and mature developer SDK. Additionally, the new Dune HD Portal will offer hundreds of premium content sources, many from around the world. Ideally suited for Operators, the Dune HD Connect STB also has tremendous retail promise due to its compact form factor, unique features and uncompromising performance.
3D Video Format Support: Decodes popular 3D Video formats such as SBS, Top/Bottom.
HDD Player: Plays content from any source (NAS or USB).
Network Player: Connect Dune HD player to a local network and play content directly from PC or NAS via UPnP, SMB, or NFS.
MKV Player: Playback HD and SD video in MKV containers and other modern video file formats, including top quality HD video with very high bit-rates > 50Mbp/s.
USB Port: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices without a USB hub.
Digital A/V output: Ensures broad compatibility to the very latest 3D TV’s, displays and projectors.
High-Quality Music Playback: Plays very high-quality (up to 192 Khz / 24-bit) music files in various formats (FLAC, Monkey’s Audio APE, WAV/PCM, etc).
Playlist Support: Build playlists from folders, use your own play lists with repeat and shuffle functions.
Video Output Flexibility: Output video in any resolution and format (from SD to 1080p, 24p/PAL/NTSC).
Video Up-Scaling: High quality up-scaling of DVD and any other SD video content to Full HD (1080p) or other HD resolutions.
File Browser: Convenient file browser with powerful file management (copy, move, delete, rename, organize, sort).
- Processor: Sigma Designs SMP8674/75
- RAM: 512 MB
- Flash memory: 256 MB and higher
- Media sources: microSD card, external HDD (USB), external optical drive (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), PC and NAS in local network (SMB, NFS, UPnP, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources (HTTP, multicast UDP/RTP), premium streaming video services are fully supported
- A/V interfaces: Digital A/V output
- Web Browser: Opera, WebKit
- DLNA: DLNA (1.5 or 2.0) standard support
- Adobe Flash: 3.1 (Lite, standalone)
- DRM options: PlayReady, Verimatrix. Additional DRM’s available by request
- Video codecs: MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264; support for very high bitrate video (up to 50 MBit/s and higher)
- Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS
- 3D Video Support: Side-by-side, Top/Bottom
- Video output modes: wide range of supported output resolutions (up to 1080p) and framerates (including 23.976p, 24p, PAL, NTSC)
- Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual
- Audio codecs: AC3 (Dolby Digital), DTS (optional), MPEG, AAC, LPCM, WMA, WMAPro, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis; support for very high quality audio (up to 192 kHz / 24-bit)
- Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, WMA, FLAC, APE (Monkey’s Audio), Ogg/Vorbis, WAV, AC3, AAC
Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (TS, MKV)
- Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS
- Photo viewer functions: slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle
- Audio playback functions: browse playlist, repeat, shuffle, ID3 tags
- Filesystems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3 (read-write), NTFS (read-write)
- Wi-Fi: Optional internal Wi-Fi (b/g/n).